Sunday, July 24, 2011

Bridesmaids Part II

(This is part two of an earlier post, see it here if you want to start at the beginning...)

So... bridesmaids. How many is too many? Who should be included? Do I really need to stop at three?

I've always figured I'd have three bridesmaids, including the MOH. Why? I don't know. Maybe because my mother had three, maybe because it always bugs me when I see brides with 12. (Are all twelve of those women really that close to you? Really? Don't you have to sleep at some point?)

I've since changed my mind. Well, I've discussed it with those that are older and wiser, and decided that my cap of three was exceedingly naive. Like I said, I don't know where it came from, but now it's gone, so

Keep moving forward!! - Image via miceage.com
(I LOVE this movie!! :D)


So, after much discussion, I realized that while 12 was still excessive, having a couple of "additional" bridesmaids was only my problem, no one else cared. And after discussing the role of bridesmaids (they are not just my support staff they are our support staff, and the same goes for his guys) and after a lot of soul searching for who and what I wanted about my original ideas and choices, it was decided.

I will have all of them. :D

J (who I sadly don't have a digital picture of at the moment) will be my MOH. Why? Because. She is my best friend, my support, my laugh buddy, geek-out partner, and so many other things. To not have her be my MOH would be a travesty. It is so understood between us that this would happen, I didn't even really have to ask and she was planning things. :D (I did ask, btw, wanted to make sure she had the opportunity to turn it down if she so wanted. She didn't. lol)

Next up? N. My sister, partner in our sibling crime syndicate (seriously, you and your siblings are like a mini-mafia, think about it...) and cheerleader/bodyguard. (No picture of her either... :( What is wrong with me?)

In no particular order...

Mi. - To be honest, it's ridiculous that we became friends. Against all odds really, but I love her. She was my manager at an unnamed corporate coffee giant ;-). I don't get to see her often enough, miss her terribly, and haven't yet had the opportunity to ask, but given how excited she was when I told her I was engaged, I have very little doubt she'll say yes. (And scream - loudly. lol)

A - We've known each other as long as I've known J, and they've known each other much longer, but weren't really good friends until mythology/photography class in high school. :D Her husband tells us constantly that our friendship makes no sense. We could not see or talk to each other for months, and then hang out like no time has passed at all. The more I thought about it the more I could not imagine the day without her. She wasn't expecting to be asked, which made it really special when I did.  She's also signed herself up to be my personal bouncer if I feel someone needs to be told what-for. (as have several others) and she's willing to dress in whatever obnoxious color I choose, and she will force the other girls as well if necessary. (Hopefully she'll be excited with my dress decisions.) Having that love and support means a lot. (From everyone, not just her. :D)

Ja - M's sister. I don't know her all that well, but every time we've spent time together it's been a blast. I have very little doubts that we'll become close as time passes, and she'll be wonderful to have as we begin our new family.


Junior Party Person - Ch. She's cute, she's cuddly, and she's my littlest biggest fan. Haha. I don't like the term "Junior Bridesmaid" but she's almost too old to be a flower girl (and will be by the time the wedding happens). So I unabashedly stole the title "Party Person" from Ms. Ferris Wheel at weddingbee.com (Seriously, go check it out, those ladies are AWESOME.) and added junior to the front of that. It sounds way cooler. lol

So there you go. I can't picture anyone else I'd rather have up there, and wouldn't really want to take anyone away. We'll be lopsided, because I think M is looking at six guys (and two ring bearers), but that's okay. We don't need to match. Why? Because we're awesome like that!

Next up in the Bridesmaids saga: shopping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment