Sunday, May 22, 2011

Ooooo, I like this...

First, a question:

Who actually keeps the favors they receive at weddings?

I think the only time I have, it was a packet that you plant in the ground, and it sprouted flowers. (Well, it was supposed to sprout flowers...)

So when I recently discovered a bride that used donations to a cause of the attendee's choice as her wedding favors, I have to admit, it really caught my eye.

Something that I'm sure only those cleaning up after a wedding know, but people don't seem to keep favors. I can't tell you how many times I've cleaned up after a wedding, and had a whole box of favors that people forgot. Those that do make it home are probably either tossed later or used/eaten (or whatever their purpose) and then forgotten.

I'm sure there are some of you out there that really do love wedding favors, but the majority seems to support the idea that they are frivolous. So why not make that money go to good use? At least donated, it will help someone in the long run...

Both M and I have people in our lives that we love who have been affected by cancer, so maybe we will make a donation to the American Cancer Society, or something. (Of course, I have to talk to him first... this is just my idea at this point.) Plus, I bet a lot of our guests know someone affected as well, so this would be a great thing for everyone, right?

Just a thought. (that I love!)

No comments:

Post a Comment