Monday, May 9, 2011

Did you?

So, my boyfriend is making jewelry inquiries and engagement noises.

Small inquiries for months, but I took these as "Someday in the future/let's make sure we're on the same page" and now less subtle inquiries... "What kind of metal do you like?" or "Do you like my sister/cousin/mother's ring? Why?"

And I know that in less than two weeks he'll have the perfect opportunity to talk to my parents without my presence (I'm graduating college so they'll be in town), and without trying to get to California (where I'm originally from) without me and without me knowing.

Which brings me to my question for the post. Do I tell my parents that I highly suspect there will be a blessing request coming their way? I've told him it's important to me, and I know that he's thought about it, but do I need to warn my parents? Or is that his job?

In other words, should I warn my parents of his intentions (which they probably already assume) or do I make it his job to tell them?

Talking with other married women, they almost all universally say to leave it alone, but I can't help but feel I'm throwing him to the wolves a teensy bit since he's only met them once when we traveled out there a couple of months ago. :/

At least all my siblings won't be joining us, my roommate has a story of when she tortured her now brother-in-law while waiting to speak to her parents. Small blessings I suppose.

Why do you think? Should I warn them? Or just leave it be?

No comments:

Post a Comment